Friday 26 April 2013

Talkin' 'Bout My Generation


Talkin' 'Bout My Generation











'Talkin' 'Bout My Generation' was the result of spontaneous week's project I completed earlier this year. The sculptural installation was placed in a run-down area of Wimbourne in Poole. I was exploring the ideas of neglect and abandonment, in particular it's relationship with my generation.
I am interested in environmental art; the idea of taking work out of the gallery space and working with the environment and the public, making people more aware of the area they are surrounded by and it's potential. This is something I explored within this project, working with the neglected space I had found to create and enhance the meaning of the work. I abandoned the work itself and allowed it to become more of an experience and interactive artwork for any curious passers-by.    

No comments:

Post a Comment